As usual we are holding our
Annual Spider / Art Competition at the
The 36th BTS Exhibition
At the Warwickshire Event Centre
Entries will be accepted from 11.00am until 12.30 at the BTS Competition Stand.
Please read the rules very carefully.
Don’t forget to enter your artwork and photos. They don’t have to be masterpieces and they can be in any format. You might like to make a spider or draw, paint or photo one. Please more entries this year!
The following rules apply.
1. Spiders should be displayed in clear plastic or glass containers with no substrate.
2. The owners name should not be displayed on the tank. A ticket will be issued. This is your proof of ownership. Do not lose it.
3. You must be a paid up member of The British Tarantula Society. Entry to the spider competition and the photography competition is free to paid up BTS members on production of a current valid membership card. Please note that if you join the BTS on the day you will be allowed to enter a spider in the competition. Please remember your membership card. If you do not have your membership card on the day you may not be allowed to enter you spider or be eligible for the BTS Merchandise discounts.
Entry into the artwork competition is open to non BTS members and children entering artwork do not need to be members.
4. The category and species name must be clearly displayed on the container.
5. Spiders can be collected at 4.00pm. No spider can be collected before this time
6. Prize giving is to be held at 3.00pm in the Hall.
7. The Judges decision is final.
The following categories are open to entrants this year.
BTS Members ONLY
Best New World
Open to non members and BTS members
Best Children’s Artwork
In recent years we have had some excellent display spiders but the Artwork and Photography has been under supported.
Please try to enter something in these categories